CentOS Web Panel is a free and open source webhosting control panel. You can install CWP on to your CentOS VPS server.
In this tutorial we will show how to migrate a cPanel account to CWP 7 server.
Take cPanel backup
- Go to cPanel >> Files >> Backup >> Download a full account Backup.
- You can set the backup destination to your CWP server via SCP.
- Enter the remote server details.
Remote Server: Enter your CWP server IP.
Remote user: root
Remote password: Enter root password of the CWP server.
Port: enter your CWP server’s SSH port number.
Then click on ” Generate Backup”.
The cPanel account backup will be downloaded to your /root directory in CWP server and the backup file is look like the following format.
- Change that backup file name to the following format.
- Login to server through SSH as a root user and move the backup file to /home directory.
mv /root/backup-12.28.2018_05-31-51_test_user.tar.gz /home/cpmove-test_user.tar.gz
Login to CWP and go to User Accounts >> cPanel Migration
Then select backup file and click on “Import” to proceed restoration.
Once it is completed, you will get message like “Migration has been successfully completed”